Friday 24 April 2020

Few Thoughts On the Current Content and The Future.. (TL : DR Warning)

Hi Guys

I have played the new BOP DLC.. and I enjoyed it. My friends however have blasted it and stopped logging.. I told one friend 'y'know.. *anything* they would have done would have been a step down after such a big event as the Metal Crisis.. so we went street level so they could build it up again..' I *did* feel OW BOP Metro was the least amount of work that could be done.. it's just a clean version of Metro they have *probably* had since before Beta (I've seen a clean version in very old videos.. minus the Brainiac and other destruction).. but I enjoyed the OW missions.. especially Harley's Pet Safari hehe.. idk what the mission is *actually* called.

The Alert.. wow that feels like a straight up elite Alert, I really enjoyed fighting Amazo; I thought it was a well put together boss fight.. I haven't done Fire & Brimstone yet.. but I enjoyed Clock Tower raid. The solo.. my initial impressions; felt like a copy and paste of the Bruno Mannheim (under) level 30 mission with some new mobs. 

The Future..

We see that in BOP Metro.. we are post-Brainiac. I *think* this is the first time we have seen this since Death of Superman.. and only the second time in the game as a whole.

The first post I ever made on these forums (the old forums) was to ask to open up Central City.. this was in 2012. IIRC I wrote a whole post about an opened up Central City and Superboy Prime attacking CC.. but Pro7 came and accounts were moved..

I digress slightly.. We know that the Brainiac threat has passed; once can be a mistake or a fluke, two is a pattern.. 

Could we be getting OW 'clean' Metro and Gotham?.. more importantly, I would still love to see Central City opened up.. with player bases and content. If not a clean Gotham.. why couldn't get an unbottled/clean South Gotham as say Star City with minor tweaks?

I'd like to see one new City a year and then that city cut up for the rest of the year.. while in the background they make another new city for the next year. Little Bohemia/South Gotham sized city..and just tell the stories they want to tell with that setting..

While I did like seeing Metro City Hall without the Lantern debris.. just recycling Metro.. man! You could have made Star City and done the OW missions there with the Clock Tower (raid) still being in Gotham.. look at the BOP team.. four are from Gotham and one Star City.. what are they doing in Metro?* This wasn't the perfecttime to introduce Star City.. but it was a good opportunity.

The Pet update..

I welcomed it and even artifacted (200) the Grimorum Velum on the now three pet powers..

My impressions.. I tested the pets on lower OW raid bosses @ 292 cr. Sometimes randomly.. imho they felt too sedate, would just stand about doing nothing, their defence wasn't what I was expecting.. good at times but then..

If it were me, I'd up their defence by another 10%. It wasn't until I got to OW Bizarro they did any significant damage and didn't get hit so hard.. OW Raven was OK.. but this is at 292 cr. I tested Turret, Crystal and Fury.. too often I found Turret would just either stand around or take too much damage for it's cr when active.. but then I went and tried Crystal.. she too was taking a lot of damage I hadn't noticed before.. I even wondered if they had the HL defence bug.. I will say this seemed random.. Turret did well against Titans Robot. iirc.. Fury did less well against Titans Robot and died quickly, but his reduction in health seemed 'normal'. idk whats going on there.. OW Ultraman could pretty much 2 shot Turret..

[I tested them against.. Titans Robot; OW E3; Raven GWL; Bizarro, Little Bohemia]

Maybe I haven't understood how Turret works..? I mean.. the hologram gives him a defence buff.. right?? So.. its acts like Offering and Fortify Golem (non PI) giving your pet a boost (of *some* description). right?

Perhaps the 'sedate' thing.. is an ongoing problem?.. I have seen that in the henchmen for months now.. they often stand about doing nothing. This is shown most clearly with BOP OW Metro Meta bounty.. when he teleports you and your henchmen stand about doing nothing for 3+ (?) seconds.. been seeing this since Christmas.. they come to you and just stand there like nothing is going on.

Overall..

I'm pretty happy with the game.. and I realize morale is going to sag after the Metal Crisis, that's not the Devs fault, was always going to happen. Cutting up Metro.. that could have been avoided. While it might seem impossible to the Devs.. 'mind boggling' might be a better term.. it actually *is* possible to to keep the happy times rolling.. and my solution is to have the one new city a year I spoke of.

I actually don't mind going to different locations and using old locations.. with one large.. I feel obvious caveat; there has to be new cities to be used in the future.. the promise is DC Universe Online.. not Gotham and Metropolis Online..

Peace

Sigma

----------------------
*I am aware Lex is the bad guy for the DLC. He's a Metro guy. I get it. But it felt like an excuse to put the LexCorp tower in something.

No comments:

Post a Comment