Monday 13 November 2017

Some Lantern & RP fun!

Hi guys

Thinking about coming back to DCUO.. played the last couple of nights (Oct.2017) .. see how things go. I like the new artifacts, I feel freer knowing PS3 will be getting dropped and this game can continue, makes me hopeful for new cities.

Anyhoo..

Lantern moralities are actually quite complicated..  we see this with the Red Lanterns; they are acting in violence towards others we would normally sympathize with; however they do it in righteousness that they were so wronged.

[HEADS UP: This has turned into a bunch of RP stories which I am digging even for my own fun. You have been warned!]

The order the Lantern Corps were created by canon is HERE
Orange Lantern Corps*
Star Sapphires
Manhunters
Red Lantern Corps
Green Lantern Corps
Sinestro Corps
Blue Lantern Corps
Indigo Tribe

-- Blackest Night --
(both are displaced)
Black Lantern Corps
White Lantern Corps
--
(hidden)
Phantom Ring

----------
*(existed before the Controllers came to Okaara) These were most likely the First Lantern Corps, utilizing I imagine the component of ownership and desire to be a 'caretaker'.
much as described in the Animated Series, I think it was comicbook-accurate, what happened was;
------------

[RP: Role Play]
Everyone has their own versions of this mysterious story, The Guardians, The Controllers, Larfleeze, Green Lantern half heard rumors.. This is my version, me Sigma. Before I ascended, I met a guy.. a Red Lantern. He was chasing this Yellow Lantern across one of my home moons, while I was there searching out crystal deposits for light refraction to help meditation. He caused an explosion that knocked me to one side, he took one look at me and thought I wasn't a threat and he didn't care.. I got angry and tapped in my innate Cosmic powers.. and gave him such a slap it knocked him out. Without rage his ring powered down, I created an atmosphere and other stuff to keep him alive. When he woke up his ring wouldn't fire again.. so we sat and talked. His name was Canfleeze, and he told me this story..


Orange Lantern Corps

Some Malthusians were experimenting with emotional energy and created a Lantern Corp to police the universe. They believed the first corps emotion was 'Guardianship', The first corps were known as 'The Guardians' this is where the Malthusians that became the Guardians got their name, the corps was successful for a time while the Malthusians oversaw the running of it, as time went on, some of the Malthusians started to lose their emotions and so empathy blinding them to the truth of what was happening, unbeknownst to everyone, these peaceful Orange Lanterns had been a trick by Ophidian, who was biding their time, waiting to amass enough Lanterns to caused a civil war, so they would kill each other over greed of the rings. When the Guardians came to Okaara, they found everyone, even all the Malthusians dead, they suspected Krona as they found evidence he had been there already.

Years later, Larfleeze met someone saying that they had an old map to a powerful treasure, he and his brother and two other friends, all of whom were thieves and adventurers, followed the map to Okaara. Eventually they found the Orange Central battery inside a cavern temple.. while looking around a ring jumped out of the battery towards Larfleeze.
Putting the ring on, he became the first being imbued with the power of avarice in a very long time.  He began to collect all the rings from around the cavern, then he noticed his brother and two friends, he goes wild with greed and hate.. shouting 'MINE MINE MINE.. not yours. you can't have it!'
One of his friends picked up a ring and says 'what IS this??' Larfleeze jumped towards him, knocking down and over the edge of the precipice into the lava far below.. Larfleeze is shocked 'you all saw that!! I didn't mean to do it.. but he was stealing my ring!!' the three of them just stand there in silence looking at each other. 'Larfleeze will fix it!!' and he sends one of his rings down to the body which is almost completely burnt out and next thing, his friend pops up as an Orange Lantern. 'You see!! You see!! Larfleeze fix it!!'..'now get out of my home!!' Canfleeze grabs him and says 'You've gone mad! I don't care about the stupid money any more..lets just go home!' Larfleeze says 'This IS my home!' Canfleeze has the mighty-mighty power feelz and grabs his brother and says ' I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STUPID MONEY..I WANT MY BROTHER BACK!' their friend comments..'this is messed up right here.'

One of the Guardians receives a comunque that their presence is requested on Okaara, knowing the last state the planet was left in, when he shares this news, the Guardians find it slightly alarming.

They go and meet Larfleeze for the first time. Larfleeze has something they want, they have something Larfleeze wants. they make a Treaty.

Larfleeze will rule and own the Vega system but will not attempt to leave.
The Guardians will never interfere with Larfleeze again, and will also take Canfleeze and their friend to safety.

The Treaty was signed by both parties, also a hand print.

Canfleeze is raging mad at Larfleeze, imagine his face so angry, eyes fixated with rage at his brother for abandoning him as he is trapped in a bubble and flown away by a Guardian, we look at Larfleeze, who seems slightly worried by Canfleeze's anger.

I also told Canfleeze a couple of stories about my life.. about the Controllers taking my people hostage and the fight back against them.. after that his ring seemed to fire, I stopped palpitating his blood for him and released the atmosphere.. we parted ways on good terms. I haven't seen him since. The Vega system is actually vast and like a quasi-galaxy. One of my parents is from there and owns a planet and two moons. Feeling doubtful? If you ever see Larfleeze without his armor.. you'll see he has a small stripe on the (right if you're facing his back) left hand side of his back (if he is facing you) ..this afaik from his people, is a family marker, Canfleeze had the same marker but it was purple and not white like Larfleeze. I'm 90% sure they were *actually* closely related. Brothers, afaik cousins have the marker in the same place, but it can be much wider or can duplicated or triplicated, having a different colour again; afaik, means they were from the same 'litter'.

--------------------------------

The Star Sapphires were meant to be heroic in nature, this is what the Zamarons intended, however what they didn't know was The Predator is evil and try as they might, they cannot escape that.. moreover they actually CANNOT escape that, he brainwashes then locked inside crystals.

With Carol Ferris being their #1 Lantern at least those who wish to be heroic can feel inspired by her.

[RP]
Beta actually knows a Sapphire called Ryceen, She told Beta that The Predator regularly takes over her mind, but other times she pretty free to think and act as she pleases.

--------------------------------
Manhunters

[RP]
? .. I fought a lot of them since I came to earth but before that I had never encountered them.


--------------------------------

Red Lantern Corps

[RP]
I've known Analeez since she was a kid, she goes by Bleez now, funny story she told me, when Atrocitus first asked her name, she was so shocked at the amount of blood everywhere and was about to say 'blood'.. but then it came out as 'Bleez'. I was friends with her cousin-uncle Ton-gaz, the 'black sheep' of the family, with crazy ideas that the Havaians should leave their planet and all go adventuring, and anyone who didn't was a woose. Right shame what happened to her. I got pretty mad myself when I heard.

I met up with her a few years ago.. with her trademark slap me in the face, that's she's been doing since she was 5yo. Despite that we talked for ages caught up on all things galactical and personal, I occasionally stared at her de-plumed wings, she was a little annoyed but didn't say anything.. I guess I might of deserved that slap?..but then again it's only natural to be curious.. flip! when she was a kid, she used to try to put her hand in my mouth to 'try to see the stars'..because my skin is a map of the stars. When I told her stop.. she'd slap me.

At one point in the conversation I began to tell her the origin story of the Red Lanterns..and she said 'Nooo Sigma.. that's not how it happened! you're a little foolish if you believe that!' sniggers...under her breath 'idiot!' 'what was that Analeez?'.. 'nothing Sigma' with a half hidden smile, pride bubbling underneath.

'Atrocitus told me the story himself.. and while I admit it was many years ago, I feel there are *key points* many others miss when telling the story..

Atros was a healer on his planet Ryut, he worked a very normal job and came home to his very normal family whom he loved very much. The Guardians had been experimenting with the Manhunters.. *they lie* when they say Krona was renegade during that time, it was sanctioned, we have proof! but yes, years later he became a true renegade & betrayer of his own people, which reveals & betrays to us the nature of Malthusians. The experiments were in alternate fuel sources for the Manhunters, as a few had came back damaged, Krona was given the task to repair the initial design fault in the power supply. He failed. He thought it was fixed but he had not ..not only that, he made it much much worse!

Atros' wedding ring was an old artifact, given to him by his wife on their wedding, they thought nothing more of it; than it was old and had a strange symbol on it. Atros was coming home from work, but at that same time in his sector some of the Manhunters whom Krona had foolishly installed a new power source had infected the other Manhunters, they descended on Ryut killing everyone indiscriminately, upon finding his wife and daughter dead, Atros became incensed. He began searching the streets for Manhunters of which there were many but he saw one whom had a small piece of the cloth of his daughters dress snagged in between it's elbow joint. He ran over to that Manhunter and began smashing it, until there was only the head left, when he cracked the head in two a strange red light came out of it, he was screaming 'AGHAGHAG' at that moment his wedding ring, an inert Orange Lantern Power Ring fired up, not with the light of avarice, but with the Red Light of Rage!! His rage mixed with the faulty rage powered Manhunter had ignited the ring. He understandably went on a killing spree. The Manhunters were too many and wiped out his sector. He saved the lives of four of his friends.. they became 'The Five Inversions' a group committed to doing away with the accursed Guardians.

He and the group invaded Oa and were captured by the Guardians.. don't believe the Guardian lies about 'the empire of tears'.. the empire was merely groups of enemies of the Guardians, with Atrocitus as leader.

He formed an uneasy friendship with Abin Sur over the 'Blackest Night'.. hmm the way Atrocitus talks about Abin, it always reminded me of you Sigma, if he would have lived, I enjoy imagining you both being friends.'

'I can tell when Atrocitus recounts the story .. you are imagining me instead of Abin'

rye smile: 'no comment.'

I can tell when Analeez is around me.. I kinda make her forget about all the awful stuff she's been through and we're like when she was a kid.. I mean her ring never powers down, because basically she's just like that, always kinda angry, you want to have heard her if she didn't get her food on time.. oh.wow. But yeah, she seems lighter. She was with Vice once when I met her.. I was so ashamed she might be embarrassed and not acknowledge knowing me, until he punched me in face and she said 'This is Sigma.. he is one of the beings of the Netherwer, the race of carto-emographers for the Otherworlders, an Infinite Atom, he could give Brainiac a run for his money.. do that again and he will snap you in two!'

That's kinda sweet right? smiles.

--------------------------------------------

Green Lantern Corps

[RP]

I've met a lot of GLs since I came to earth.. a few reservist friends. Don't have *too* many great stories.. Hal never remembers that he's met me before.. but Guy does, he always says 'HEY!.. it's the weirdo!'.. man! I totally regret taking off my helmet to prove him wrong, but he said he didn't believe I was 'galactic being'.

I overhear them around.. talking about things I know about, then if I'd try to correct them, I imagine they'd be all like 'hey! we know what we're talking about.. who are you? you seem *new*'. hmmm

--------------------------------

Sinestro Corps

[RP]
I always call them 'Yellow Lantern Corps'.. I mean, why break a theme??

Erm.. I kind of know Amon Sur, through strange means I'm not wanting to share... but I don't know where to go from that.

Okay, okay, I met him by accident on an off-world rock/metal/discord/hybrid concert, the line warden put us in the same line to the same door.. man he is brutal when he gets down, we had a good laugh, punching each other in the face. When we were leaving, we both went quiet and left. okay.

Two months later and randomly same thing again, again we had a good laugh, chatted during a break; He told me Sinestro as White Lantern resurrected him in secret during Blackest Night, and he's sticking to his Corps ever since, I told him about Analeez. Then we rocked out and upon leaving we went quiet.

When I see him around, I know he recognizes me and kinda holds off. We both know we coulda been friends, but ..our moralities in the great scheme of things didn't match up so.. I always wonder if he acted on the info I gave him about Analeez, he's never said anything, but I get the gut feeling he did.. and knowing him he cut them in half.. coz he's psycho like that.

Anything else? OHW
Beta told me that Tera hit on Lyssa Drak.. he told her:

'Whatever you do, don't hit on Lyssa Drak in the communal bathrooms on Ranx. Wow that chick just about up lost her mind!'

Yeah Tera.. smooth.. place to meet chicks : communal bathroom.
Senior officer too.. jackpot!
--------------------------------

Blue Lantern Corps

[RP]
The Guardians themselves tend to avoid the Atoms, like they have some innate aversion to us.
With 2 Guardians around the BLs pretty much 24/7 it's been difficult to 'mingle'. I am hoping when their ranks expand, I can meet more, perhaps I can make a BL reservist persona.. I would like that.

Met BL Kyle Rayner a couple of times ..but no stories yet.

--------------------------------

The Indigo Tribe

[RP]

Munk is one cool dude.. I really got on with him, we talked about meditation and music, he can't *really* fight.. I mean Indigo-1 Iroque, she can fight, I fought alongside her few times, but didn't really get on with her, she was a bit stand-off-ish.

I have an acquaintance who's a Indigo Lantern, his name is Thyluki, good dude. I was bodyguarding him during the cleansing of the other Lanterns, see him around he always says 'hi'.

--------------------------------

Black Lantern Corps

[RP]

So when Nekron heard there were Atoms involved during Blackest Night, he tried to grab me for his Black Lantern Corps.. OH MAN! The Spectre showed up and just about knocked him on his rear with a mighty punch to the face! it was SO cool!

'You have not the justice to take this one Nekron!' BAM! punch to the face!

Later on Nekron got him back for this incident.

Oh.. you *may* not know.. for each Lantern Corps they have a 'Guiding Entity', Ophidian for Agent Orange, Ion for the GL's.. The Butcher for the Red Lanterns.. MAN! I met him, he is a stone cold psycho, he *will kill you*. I was lucky enough to be with The Spectre.. (its part of our initiation rights to meet each Entity in person), Well.. for the Atoms, our Entity is The Spectre, the Spirit of God's Vengeance, the Vestment of His Justice. Our job is to create a field of neutrality and peace so that justice can be seen and done. Like if you were to put non-white objects on a totally white table, they would be clearer to see.

--------------------------------

White Lantern Corps

[RP]

I haven't met any per~se, although meeting Kyle when he was a BL was pretty rockin'.

Oh! I met the Life Entity.. that kinda counts right?

He/She.. I dunno, I think it's 'she'.. She talked me in a very strange way and started giving me visions, a tree covered in blood, a planet with an asteroid on fire sinking into the surface, the Source Wall ablaze with light, An old man withering to nothing.. years later and I still don't know what it means.

--------------------------------

The Phantom Ring

[RP]

Oh man! This is a story.. so long long ago the Guardian Rami created the Phantom Power Ring, he was banished until he could destroy it, which he was finding very difficult, he even sent it to the Atoms in case we could destroy it, this was during the time of my predecessor, The Atoms tried to help as best as 'we' could but no luck.. also Omicron publically said 'This is nothing more than a child's toy' which stirred up the novices, and so put pressure on The Atoms to get rid of the ring by sending it back.

which eventually 'we' did.

--------------------------------

The Infinite Atoms

[RP]

I'm Sigma.. one of the beings of the Netherwer, the race of carto-emographers for the Otherworlders, an Infinite Atom.

We have the innate ability to map emotions, and can do this spatially, not just that, every cosmic power, like gravity, force, light, space.. even time to a lesser degree we can tap into.

The Otherworlders are the beings beyond the Source Wall, they originally asked my people to emotionally map the regions of space that would become the Source Wall.. well, that's if you believe the legends, of which some facts line up, some don't. The Netherwer are beings created from space itself.. much like Adam was created from clay, we were created from space, and being made from space, we are tuned to the ultra-natural.

Long ago the Malthusian Controllers tried to enslave us, as they wanted to break through the Source Wall and thought we would aid them by our enslavement.. they failed. We almost wiped them out, but after the rebellion against the Controllers, whom had developed a gravity technology to try to kill us, our peoples were depleted.

I was chosen from few, not many to replace my predecessor.

The origin of The Atoms is a strange one, and I mention the Netherwer existed before this:

Long long ago in the future, The Spectre tried to take control of the entire Green Lantern Corps, thinking this would show him the justice he felt he needed at that time, but the Guardians fought back and overcame him, rejected he traveled back in time, to create his own 'corps'. Billions of years in the past, he found a small galaxy and taking 13 prime individuals, he gave them an axis of the fabric of reality.

                                                            OmegaAtom                                                        
                                               Prime Principle of Organization                                          

                              ZetaAtom                                        AlphaAtom                                            
               Prime Principle of Fallacy                    Prime Principle of Reason                                                          
                TeraAtom                                                                    BetaAtom                                  
       Prime Principle of Chaos                             Prime Principle of the Ultra-Natural                                            
         GammaAtom                                                                     DeltaAtom
   Prime Principle of Reaction                                                 Prime Principle of Duty                                
         ThetaAtom                                                                            KappaAtom
Prime Principle of Forgotten Knowledge                   Prime Principle of Discipline                                        
          PhiAtom                                                                               EpsilonAtom                      
   Prime Principle of Self-Enrichment                             Prime Principle of Community                    

            RhoAtom                                                                        SigmaAtom                                    
  Prime Principle of Self-Reliance                                  Prime Principle of Cooperation                                                                                                                

There are only 13 Atoms, each chosen from the Netherwer.. asin~ not every Netherwer is an Atom, but every Atom is a Netherwer. The Netherwer are monastic people, we mostly reside at the Lighthouse Galaxy, but we can go as we please, as it is our nature to wander.

As an Atom, I am allowed to leave the boundaries and on serious occasion I am allowed to visit 'The White Room' it is a room adjoining First Heaven, if I need to speak to a specific Angel or the Lord the Most High of All. I have to date been to the White Room three times. First was to ease the worry of my people, that we had never died before.. when the Controllers killed some of us, it was abhorrent to us, as we do not die.. I *had* to check that our people were in First Heaven and indeed they were. Second time I was summoned. Third time was to retrieve Barry Allen's soul for the Otherworlders.

The Otherworlders

The Otherworlders are beings from beyond the Source Wall, they work for Angels, who in turn work for God. They are also known as 'The Guardians of the Speed Force' as they enter there and create order. They are not the Netherwer's bosses, our bosses are Angels, however they out rank us and so we treat them with special respect.

This is why The Spectre chose us.

They are made of 'Anti-Space' and patrol the outer rim of the Speed Force and the Source Wall.
They did not created us, as we were created by God as ultra-natural beings of creation.
They are much like 'The Monitors' but the jobs are slightly different inasmuch as the Monitors patrol threats to existence, and the Otherworlders patrol and maintain order to what is there.

Basically, they're job is to do what the Atoms do but outside the Source Wall.
There are two conjoined Source Wall/s the inner and the outer.. the outer ecompasses the multiverse and the inner is a mirror and compasses each universe, my people built both.
----------------------

Power & Disharmony


Each one of the Infinite Atoms have unfathomable power, they can shape reality, ...and I am no exception. Being The Prime Principle of Cooperation, I can take names and make them into real persona's of myself, every powerset of the Multiverse and every style of power I have within me, Sigma Prime.

The Galaxy itself is a 'lighthouse' of balance sending out calm amongst the cosmos. very few races live there, and the ones who do, are at peace.

What happened?.. a war. I was not the first Prime Principle of this kind, and amongst these ancients, I am very young being only a few thousand years old, whereas many of them are millions of years old. The Prime of Cooperation was retiring to Heaven, and I was chosen as his replacement.

I did not harmonize with my compatriots quickly enough; taking over ten years to master the arts, and still failing. Omega tried to help me, but this 'disharmony' was agony to the other primes, and eventually Zeta's mind snapped and he incapacitated Alpha, quickly joined by Tera who used his Chaos to incapacitate as many as he could of the 'opposing' side.

Kappa and Epsilon were incapacitated, while fighting back, Gamma was deeply injured.

I fled to earth, and found the Justice League Watchtower.. there I met new people who taught me the value of cooperation in a light I had never seen before.

Tera chased after me with an idea to kill, hearing this Beta followed Tera and found us both on Earth.

Back home in the galaxy..

Omicron, Secondary Principle of Disillusion, who was Omega's challenger should he fail, had taken over, Delta was fighting him emotionally but it was very difficult and painful for him.  Omega was, of course, still active and fighting for control, but with so much disharmony.. it's difficult to encourage  peace to perpetuate peace.

I have the power to generate another being, each one from a persona, and that being has the power to generate more beings from each style of power, each persona has to have a lot of work put into it and crafted, as I only get back what I put in.



Sigma Prime.

---------------------

I imagine going toe to toe with Brainiac, all 15 Sigma's with anywhere between 2 to 10 armories each. prolly about 50 Sigma's overall hehe, Sigma is a bit like FFVII Cloud Omnislash with all the swords.

No comments:

Post a Comment