Sunday 3 December 2017

The Flying Potato.. or how to fix Gadgets powerset and make it like Sorcery

Hi guys

So since I have came back the stats revamp had time to settle in a bit before I came back.. what do I think?

Nature is a bit weird with all the SCs, Mental DPS is a bit useless as is Gadgets, although I do like the bombs now.. ohw I just want to say to the person who thought up making Turret explode after 1 min of inactivity.. I'm impressed, I didn't think the Flying Potato could be worse, but you just swooped right in there and showed me my error! Why was this approved? so I can't even have a shred of company? flip.. DB you seem determined to say that Gadgets is most certainly NOT a pet power, so I guess the next power WILL be a Controller Class Pet power right?.... right??

How could we make Flying Potato even worse?

Give him a little fanfare trumpet when called, to put a finer point on his uselessness.
NO!.. A 1 minute cut scene for calling him DURING the fanfare! little flags pop out his sides!

How could we make Flying Potato better?

Make him a Tank pet like Guardian, he doesn't need to DPS just be good at tanking.

Then stop Drone being a SC and make Drone like Watcher giving out charges instead of priority heals.

'But Sigma there's no DPS pet!'

Okay, then if the player is in DPS stance then Drone is like Fury and Crystal and if the player is in Controller stance then Drone is like Watcher.

I'd like Gadgets to be as fun to play as Sorcery, I hate magic RP dispite this I have loads of fun playing as Sorcery because the powerset is so well put together.. however not just that, but this completes the Pet Trifecta, not only for each class, but for Meta (Earth) Magic (Sorcery) and Tech (Gadgets).

For every bit of distain I have for the direction the team have taken with Turret, I have unequivocal admiration for the AI programming of Guardian.. wow.. he's like a novice human Tank, I.. just wow! for any AI to be close to human-like is just amazing and the team have outdone themselves with his AI.

please, never touch it! please. it's remarkable. The only thing I've never seen him do is 'turtle' which I may have missed.

So as you probably guessed, I'm thinking 'nick Guardians AI and put it in Turret, make everything he does a Taunt. Use battle display to PoT and heal him.'

job done!

Sigma

--------------------

I just feel so intensely that it's dragging on and dragging on, it's been what? 2 or 3 years? right now Gadgets is boring as flip. apart from the bombs which are pretty cool, only fun thing about Gadgets right now. Before Metal and Gadgets were like twins, but since the stats-revamp it broke them up and they don't need mirrored, perfect time to get us our controller pet powerset!

Powers I am enjoying are.. Electricity, Sorcery and RL. I've been back now for a month or so, today was the first time I almost DD'd, third on the scoreboard, that was with Sorc.

It's so bugging me that the Trifectas aren't finished so we can move on.. The Pet Trifecta and the Lantern Trifecta.

I KNOW I have to WAIT on a Lantern Healer but Gadgets is SO easily fixed!!
PLEASE someone out there.. hit the batpole and rescue my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment