Wednesday 15 March 2017

Crossover Powersets.. A Daydream..

Hi

While I play I oft imagine this or that.. its important to the enjoyment of my playing.
Here is one idea that has been going around my head for a VERY long time; Crossover Powersets.

If you have seen my post on Fire and how I thought it was already a crossover powerset (an old glitch that was fixed in 2013) you'll already know where I am coming from.

We already have a crossover powerset in Sorcery, that we have: a DPS Pet, Healer Pet, and a Tank Pet. Fury DPS, Watcher Healer and Guardian Tank. I must say the devs have done a great job with Guardian as Tank.. he is *OK* and I mean he is OK for a proper human group member, like a novice *human* Tank player. He gets how to Tank. I am very pleased with him currently, and if we are without a Tank, I will switch to my Tank Pet Armory, which is me in DPS stance with Guardian and he is, if not perfect, a close and *useable* Tank.

Fire I feel would make a great second addition to crossover powersets. In DPS stance, I would like to see 'Inferno' heal players within the AOE, giving them a slight HoT.. aptly named hehe, a slight HoT and damage out-based healing while you are aflame. That would be enough. nothing else would be needed.

In Tank stance for Fire, I think it already provides white damage immunity, but i'd have to check that.

For Gadgets Controller.. I would like to have a pet that acts like Watcher does but for Power. A Controller Pet, we have Drone, which does do this in a strange kinda way, he just generally PoTs the group and doesn't charge anyone. A major problem is that he is a supercharge, if he were a normal power he could be permanent, he shield (up to 4), revive KO'd players, PoT and charge.

For Turret, it might be good to make him a Tank, as he does *such pitiful damage* especially compared to Fury and Crystal, at least then as a Tank he could be a usable group member in DPS stance.

I think that would complete the Crossover Powersets :)

regardless I am glad to have shared these ideas

have a great day!

Sigma


-------------------------------

Sorcery  = Healer/DPS          Crossover = Tank (Pet)
Fire        = Tank/DPS             Crossover = Healer
Gadgets = Controller/DPS     Crossover = Tank (Pet) and improved Pet Controlling.

I spent some time testing Turret as a Tank (I was DPS stance), he was *awful* in FOS3, the mobs just ignored him, I would have liked to see his grenade be a Tank taunt, as it does near zero damage (he was cr 171 the mobs were cr 80 and he couldn't damage them with the grenade at all and with the rest of his attacks, while he did do a little damage, it was so little while I was waiting for him to kill them, I lost half my health O.O) .

I know Gadgets is AM powerback, and so you get the crits like Mental, but this is not so in Troller Stance, so this could be remodeled to be more like Sorcery but for Controller Stance only.

Fire does still have issues with the AM powerback, but these are seemingly intentional. I would remove the 'Volatility' so the AM could start working like other powers do normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment