Wednesday 1 June 2016

Few Thoughts on being a Veteran..

Hi Guys

With the recent welcomed PVP update.. i find over the last few weeks/months i have been reminiscing about 'old PVP' :)

Firstly, I'm no expert PVP player, I'm an OK arena player, and a 'competent' Legends player, I grant myself competent becuase i used to hang with some of the top ranked legends players in 2012 (EUPC).. and i didn't embarrass myself. I'm League Boss of ORS, I leave the PVP to our PVP Capt. Sammy18. amazing player :D
I just normally try to come up for tactics to win, and Sammy either uses them or improves upon them. I don't duel, I only duel with my officers for reasons of morale, because they know how much work i put in as Boss and they respect that, and leave any outside dueling to said officers.

2012 was old legends.. iirc before block breaking and range breaking and melee breaking. I find that like chess now, i play as bizarro and find those kinds of matches super boring, I just want to smash! a 30 sec to 1 min blocking/unblocking match.. was not what i came for hahaha. i can hear the 'birdy song' in my head right now.

'Breaking' is becoming less and less important from what i can see, which is a boon for PVP imho. no longer does it wipe half your bar. and you have a chance to both play and think about what your are doing, instead of just thinking what your opponent is going to do constantly. Now you can employ strategy with other teammates, instead being locked into giving your full attention to just one opponent.

I recently, last fortnight, after being back since Dec 2014, deleted my old PVP gear. I still had the full Robin gear, and part of the lvl 70. I had held onto it.. i have no idea why, ..an antique. hehe i had wanted to put it in a display case in my lair. would have been nice, letting people know the date the last piece was collected. Gone now..

No matter, I almost have the full 99 gear.

These days the heart pumps again.. you feel the exhilaration of the win. the improvements were just that.. much improved. Thanks again to the Devs for this.. winning 'feels' like the wins in old arenas, in this humble veterans opinion. same for legends. very happy :)

Right now I slightly bust up my shoulder IRL, and can't play.. I was watching the Nostalrius Begins trailer today after hearing Blizzard shut-them down.. it recreates original WoW. The new PVP has gave me the good time feels.. like the past but now :)

have a great and bizarre day!

Sigma

No comments:

Post a Comment