Sunday 12 June 2016

New Cities in DCUO.. your opinion..

SigmaAtom, Aug 2, 2015.


Hi guys

I'd like to find out if other members would enjoy new cities, We have 2 splendid ones, however I have felt many times and hear around, people might like a new city.

With DB's new attitude of listening to the community, i'd like to know, if it's just a pipe dream of mine.

Firstly, this is a what ill call a [game mode of thought] we have experiences and they scale. So I'm suggesting we have cities as we do our scaling experiences*.

my ideas?

1. Open up Central City. I know it's just Little Bohemia in mirror image, however, reducing the 'white fog' area throughout the whole of dcuo i feel is a plus. This would be our Third city, and I'd like to see it open for everyone, not just subbed or premium but free* also, open for all T2 and above.. why? because when it was made; it was a paywall content that is no longer relevant, as we/DB have other ways of using the content. this 'grand opening' would only be for the city not the rest of the content. The Flash vendor *could* have a couple of items such as the lower gear even for free members. You would actually have to look for the bounties throughout the city, new paradox bounties could be easily added. PVP phase could be properly used with both Vil/Hero sides in the same place.


After another 2 years..

2. Open up the main Oan city. in the T6 duos.. you can see it outside, it seems like there is quite a bit work done already. Coast City could be done, but because it's pretty much all there, i didn't think there was the need, and Oa would be great reward for being both a GL fan and loyal DCUO player. a T6/7 City, I realize we have GUSiege, and I enjoy the content, but it's not a new city*.

then every 2 years after a new city to go along with the new tiers. 'you must be *this* tall to go on this ride'.. I think many have left after GU47, however with such content.. could they resist coming back??

let me know what you think guys :)

regardless

have a great and bizarre day!


--------------------

Update 12/July/2016

I've been fascinated for months with an idea..

Unbottling South Gotham.

Why couldn't it be our Star City??

I'd like to see Coast City too. open and available.. a T4 city.. low Brainiac presence.. but Red and Orange Lanterns Fighting in the streets. :}

Why do we *need* more cities??.. we don't.

It's just boring to have just two for the whole life of the game.


I realize..the devs will never do this.. which is truly sad. .. We have had many re-used play-spaces.. which I *actually* enjoy revisiting places.. coz if you live in a city you'll see that place again, under different circumstances.

It's not my job to think up ways of for the Devs to save money.. in all other game types, I am catered for, either the company will charge me for the content or some kind mod-dev will offer me it for free.

Only in MMO's do we think of the Devs profit margin.

Player bases in smaller cities.. but still cities is important for the focus of single player type experiences.


The Devs want us to be of a group mentality. I agree with this for very much the most part, however, DCUO has something unique you don't get elsewhere, as far as I know. a usable Single Player experience.

What about the Arrow style char? can he just live in Gotham? or the Speedster.. Metropolis is fine right? or the Lanterns..just R&R in Metro right?

With the new hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One.. we are no longer tied to old gen consoles. but ah! here comes the rub.. DB do not have the cash for this. Apparently even updating textures is hard for them now :/ .. I don't want to be hard on them, and anyways that isn't my job either.. to tell them how to run their business.

They recently lost a high up Dev. this is possible why all the delays and the recently announced return to larger content DLCs.

Where is my money going?

I spend a small fortune on my hobby.

I have no idea.


notes---
* I just realized that Gotham Wasteland IS our T5 city :) .. so in a way we have experienced this before. I saw how happy it made people, .. how friendly they became in GW.
*T5 is the end of free play content I respect that. I also respect free players who manage to get there. it's a great advert for DCUO in general also. at the start I was for a while a premium player, I liked it. I am now subbed, yearly, and enjoy it enough that I'll continue. all three states have value :)
*the new T7 play space *feels* tiny..like half the size of watchtower.

No comments:

Post a Comment