Tuesday 21 June 2016

Thoughts on Powersets..(esp. Fire)

Hi WWW

First blog for here :)




Recently, I was fascinated with leveling my Fire alt 'XgmaAtom' I couldn't stop thinking about if I got him to end game with huge skill points if he could be a battle cross-role quasi-healer!! :)

I was mistaken in my belief that 'Inferno' group heals for small amount.. I had garnered this belief due to playing with a Fire player in 2012. Turns out this was a glitch. Back then Fire would give you some small heals and some very small ticks of power. When I found out this was no longer so.. this dampened my enthusiasm much like a fire going out under a wet rag.

We have cross-roles in Powersets, Sorcery Healer/DPS with a Tank Pet, Celestial Healer/DPS PoT Shields giving power back, Fire.. would make I feel, a great addition to these two. I'd like to see Inferno group heal based on the player's restoration. Enflame could tick 5 ticks of power too if done inside Inferno, all players would have to be inside Inferno to benefit from the effect. This does not replace healers, but DPS Fire or Tank Fire would support the front line.

I imagined myself and other Fire DPS's on the battleline fighting a boss, making mass inferno's hehe.

What would the idea do?.. encourage players to;

1. choose Fire as  a powerset.
2. increase Skill Point hunting for the powerset.

Ice is a great Powerset, why can't we bring back some Glory to Fire? It is an 'Iconic Powerset'.(Superman). like Gadgets (Batman/Joker/Lex Luthor) and Celestial (Wonder Woman/Circe). Superman is healed by the earth's yellow sun..this is why Fire has SO many heals.. Fire is a mix of Tank and Healer, just like .. Superman.

The other powers.. Atomic especially, which is like Rage without the Rage Crash and has added damage mitigation on top!.. Atomic is powerful. Fire has no 'angle'.. and with the 'Blowout' mechanism*, not only ending your AM but stealing pretty much all of your power in the process;

I don't see why players should choose Fire.

I want Fire to be GREAT! I would love to see the 'Blowout' mechanic disappear, and group healing be in place.. especially with the upcoming #statsmatter

What I imagine..having high SP would enable the player to reach the necessary +30 Restorations, we are still dealing with DPS and Tank so using Resto as a secondary and tertiary stat. Fire doesn't need a damage boost imho.. it needs a AM that players can work with! That Blowout 'kills the mood', and we do not have damage mitigation to the order of Atomic or Ice.. We do not have their damage.

Fire should be next in line for an update. if any devs read this.. PLEASE consider making Fire a cross-role power while updating.

SigmaAtom




Quick Bio:

SigmaAtom, OrderoftheRedSun was formed from two Officers of one the first EUPC leagues; 'Kryptoniansnipers' League. The two officers were/are SigmaAtom (Drill Sgt) Aldencek (PVP Capt). ORS was formed mid 2012.. dissolved in 2013. Brought back after the cr increase of 2 years. SigmaAtom; 3000+ hours of league staff experience. currently proud but hates being a league boss as it's 'a dumper truck ton of extra work.. I just wanna be a drill sgt again, it's easy compared to this!'








*which I would guess was originally supposed to give massive damage but has since been nerfed.

No comments:

Post a Comment