Sunday 12 June 2016

Few Thoughts on Free Powers.. TL: DR warning

SigmaAtom, Oct 16, 2015.


Hi Guys

just a light hearted thread on my thoughts about pay-for and free powers. some thoughts id like to share.. please share yours :)

I think Electric should be free.. why? because its more fun than the 'hard core' style powers.. rage im looking at you! hehe .. the more .. well i found them .. complex powers, are probably best with experienced players.. celestial, rage. Also Nature is such a complete powerset, I wouldn't have that in the free section, I would definitely switch Nature and Electric.

I hope Atomic is not a way of phasing out Fire, the two (at present) seem so similar, but i guess we need to get used to and know the new power yet. ..and i'd like to see the ability to switch the flame colour of Fire in the style menu. that'd be cool. (OLD info)

Light is kinda broken imho..mm.. when the second move of a light combo switches to precs, we lose half our damage and this continues throughout the combo. I have 9334 might, which by the second move drops to 3992 precs even though im still using my powerset. you could say why not just clip individual powers and not combo, but i see it eat through the power quick enough to make me wonder why I have infinite combos :/

I think Light should be free. there are enough Lantern fans who would join just to try it out, going by the amount of Lantern's in game.

Erm the third switch I would make.. depends, if Gadgets gets the pet buff like Soc and and Earth, i'd make that a pay for power. Soc is free right now, but this would give us 3 'pet powers' one for each class. Gadgets pay for, Light free.

TBH, I have really enjoyed the pet powers, makes the game so much more fun for me. you could say 'lack of skill' or whatever but after years of being HL.. i needed a break from the slog. HL makes solo feel like grinding haha.. (there's bit more truth in there than i'd like to admit)

I think Soc should be a pay for power..but replaced by a new free power. Water will be pay for..but its a shame we couldn't switch these around.

Some people think the game should be harder.. some think easier. I think its already there and they haven't realized. if you want an easy game .. go a tank class. medium to hard go a controller class, hard to very hard go a healer class. tank dps is easy compared to controller dps (controller class in dps role)..and as for healer, I was celestial until T4 with 100+ SP on my alt before i switched to soc.. I got smashed regularly. it's hard even with semi-decent gear.


Have a great and bizarre day!

SigmaAtom



------
I am recovering from food poisoning, some bad chicken on a flight to China , please be nice to me im very sick.
FWIW.. dont drink Chinese Coke..think that + chicken was what did it.
mmm....The Iconic Pet .. there for anyone with a power point. Ive asked before and i'll ask again, he needs his own skill tree, with his own skill points.

Playing as old hard light was like playing DCUO: Dark Souls Edition. these days (june 2016) easier so far but im still leveling.. lvl 22 iirc just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment